Synercon has once again been awarded the contract to deliver Using a Keyword Thesaurus Training on behalf of NSW State Records.
This revised course explains how records classification schemes can be used successfully to title, classify and manage records and provides an opportunity for participants to use thesaurus products to classify records. The course also addresses a range of ways to implement and promote a records classification scheme within an organisation.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for people whose work involves classifying, titling and indexing records using a records classification scheme or thesaurus.
By the end of this course participants should:
- explain records classification and the benefits for managing records
- outline the concepts, rules, relationships, layout and language of the Keyword AAA and Keyword for Councils classification schemes and thesauri
- classifying and title using Keyword AAA and Keyword for Councils, and
- describe strategies for implementing and promoting the use of records classification in your organisation.
Introduction to records classification
- the capture and control of records
- principles of records classification
- the benefits of records classification for managing records.
What is a keyword thesaurus?
- the purpose of a thesaurus in records management
- different types of thesauri, and
- components in a keyword thesauri.
- developing record titles from natural language abstracts of correspondence using the Keyword AAA thesaurus
- developing record titles from pieces of correspondence using the Keyword AAA thesaurus
- developing record titles from natural language abstracts using Keyword for Councils.
Implementing records classification
- identify the different ways that records classification can be used in the organisation
- strategies for implementing records classification, and
- implementation issues, and
- monitoring and review of the records classification scheme.
- Click here for a course schedule.
One day 9.00am – 4.00pm
The registration fee for the one day workshop is $330 (incl. GST) and includes full documentation, certificate of completion, morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea.
A 10% discount is applied to second and subsequent attendees.